Thanks to everyone who came to Canvas Round Table #3 on Monday! It was another fantastic night of chatting about various topics, meeting new faces, sharing and learning.
Some of the main topics that came up:
● Personal introductions – Getting to know each other.
● "Missing Games Project" – Alessandro Perini Shared information and showed artefacts from his ongoing project on Tokyo's Missing Olympic games in 1940. He is looking for a studio to shoot some photos for the project, so if anyone knows of somewhere suitable, please ping him!
● Controversial 2020 Tokyo Olympic games logo – Varied opinions on the suitability of the four options. Should the logo include "Japaneseness"? Should it say something about Tokyo?
● Home growing and fermenting - Michael Hoover shared information about growing and fermenting his own food and drink down in Kamakura.
● SEO - Tom Wilson asked the group how to improve the search engine placements for his website.
And some topics we covered regarding Canvas, which is a huge help for our team to know what needs to change as we continue to improve the site:
● Discussions board on Canvas - Is "discussions" too serious a title and putting some members off writing something? Perhaps it should be something more casual, such as "Canvas Lounge"? How can it be more engaging?
● "Canvas White Label" sites - Would Canvas members be interested in having their own custom .com website provided by Canvas with no setup or maintenance, and content based on their creations?
● The future of Canvas - Will it expand to other cites? How will it help creatives find more work? How will it help businesses to find creatives to hire more easily?
● How can Canvas help the community self-support with community-run events, workshops, a "Canvas Space" etc?
The evening's attendees:
And the Canvas/Tacchi Studios team who were present: